There are not many series that I usually watch but ” Four More Shots Please” is the one and only that has taken away my heart and It has kept me so interested throughout it’s scenario in the whole quarantine.Though many of you might have already watched it, Four More Shots Please is an indian web series available on Amazon Prime Video directed by Anu Menon and Nupur Asthana.
The series follows the story of four unapologetically flawed women (two in their 30s and two in their early 20s) as they live, love, make mistakes amd discover what really makes them tick through friendship and shots of tequilla in millenial Mumbai.It contains an all women protagonist role in the whole series. Many people referred to the show as a ” desi version of sex and the city”.
- Sayani Gupta as Damini Rizvi Roy “Dee”, an investigative journalist.
- Bani J as Umang Singh, a bisexual trainer.
- Kirti Kulhari as Anjana Menon, a lawyer and divorced mother.
- Maanvi Gagroo as Sidhi Patel, a single child from a wealthy family.
- Lisa Ray as Samara Kapoor
- Milind Soman as Dr. Aamir Warsi
- Jiya Lakhiani as Arya Menon
- Neil Bhoopalam as Varun Khanna
- Prateik Babbar as Jeh Wadia
- Ankur Rathee as Arjun Nair
- Paras Tomar as Mohit Mehta
- Simone Singh as Sneha Patel
- Amrita Puri as Kavya Arora
- Sapna Pabbi as Akanksha Moitra
- Rajeev Siddhartha as Mihir Shah “Mihu Pihu”
- Sameer Kochhar as Shasank Bose
- Prabal Panjabi as Amit Mishra
- Shibani Dandekar as Sushmita Sengupta
- Padma Damodaran as Aparna Sahukar
- Monica Dogra as Devyani Rana
- Anuradha Chandan as Amina Rizvi Roy
- Madhu Anand Chandhock as Mrs. Singh
- Mohit Chauhan as Mahesh Roy
- Nimisha Mehta as Myra
- Gaurav Sharma as Vinil Verma
Why this series??
This series shows the soul of life and challenges that different women face at different ages. There are guilty pleasures and discomfort of starring at your own missteps. It shows that how much intimation and sexual cravings and loneliness in one’s life can lead to big mistakes.
The only thing that made me addicted to this series that I would never get tire of watching it is the bond of friendship that exists among the four women and are ready to stand for each other like a family. It also explores the unique challenges of facing the society’s discrimination, issues from dating and arranged marriages to body shaming and self – worth.
So, this series is about the difference between feminism and inequality. This is the only series that made me realize what I am and how Important it is to let your feelings out and be your own favourite!
So every teen must watch it and have fun of all the drama, romance, love and affection!
Is it the worth best show??
I would not say it’s the best show as it contains many flaws but, even the moon has it’s flaws still it’s the prettiest thing that we see every night. So I love the show ignoring it’s flaws and accepting it’s beauty. The show conveniently ignores certain plots to move forward in the storyline which further lead to loopholes. At some points, the dialogues are highly underwriiten. However, the characters in the show are the heartbeat of the story that makes it worth while to watch.
Four More Shots Please is a happy show with a bunch of emotions. It is a modern, today’s world show that tries to normalize sex. So, watch it with an open mind and heart without any expectations as it tries to change the old-school patriarchal concept.
My view for season – 3
I am pretty satisfied with all the seasons out of it’s flaws and expect the season – 3 to maintain the pace with better dialogues and new plots. Let’s hope for the best and wait for the season – 3 to release soon. I love the show however, it is a flawed, romantic – comedy show with different spices of life that entertain me every time.