The Infinite Saga Created History
The Russo brothers directed infinite saga, the massive sequel to Avengers: Infinity War, Endgame, aired on 26th April and very expectantly created a sensation among the fans. The audience had been craving for the release of the same.
Also, the movie broke numerous Box Office records, becoming the highest grossing film ever in the history of cinemas. It earned a stunning amount of $2.798 billion all across the globe, putting a deep impact on the fans as they had to bid adieu to their favourite stars Tony Stark aka Iron Man (as he dies snapping the infinity stones in the nano gaunlet), Natasha aka Black Widow (sacrifices to get the soul stone) and Captain Steve Rogers (as he retires from Avengers).
Story of the Movie
The plot has an engaging thrill on it. Infinity War ended with the snap of Thanos, leading to the destruction of half of the universe. The Endgame begins with Tony being stuck in the space in an aircraft with Nebula. When, there hardly seems any hope for them to be alive, Captain Marvel gets a superb entry rescuing both of them. They landed on earth collaborating with the other Avengers.
The other Avengers to be precise are: Captain Steve Roers, Natasha Romanoff, Bruce Banner, Roody, Thor and Rocket Racoon. Tracing Thanos on an barren planet they come up with the plan to reverse the snap. Though, the entire plan gets wasted as Thanos reveals he has spoilt all the stones. Being furious with this fact, Thor breaks down his head.
The story takes a leap of about five years after this. Scott Lang aka Ant Man escapes from the quantum and is taken a back on perceiving the condition of the real world. He points out the quantum to be the aid like Time Travel and goes to seek help from Stark along with Captain and Natasha. Stark refuses initially though gets emotional thinking about the demise of Peter Parker and readily agrees to help them.
The story for all the other Avengers had different things to tell. Hawkaye has turned up to be a murderer, being broken at the loss of his family after Thanos’s snap. Natasha meets him in New York asking him to join them in the Time Travel. Banner and Rocket travels to New Asgard and to their utmost surprise they find out Thor to be an overweight drunkard.
Now, the entire team collaborates and engages in the final counter to bring back all the lost lives. They promise to fight it till the end as they have to win, ” Whatever it Takes.”
The final plot of the story revolves on how they team up to collect the five infinity stones from different places, all the obstacles on their way, how Natasha sacrifices her life to get the soul stone leaving everyone heartbroken and how in the final war Tony with that legendary snap brings an end to a decade of legacy. Fans are more hurt as Captain announces his retirement from Avengers as well.
Cast of the Epic Saga
The Avengers: Endgame has a star studded cast.
- Robert Downey Junior as Tony Stark aka Iron Man
- Chris Evans as Captain Steve Rogers
- Chris Hemsworth as Thor, the Thunder God
- Scarlett Johansson as Natasha Romanoff aka Black Widow
- Jeremmy Renner as Clint Barter aka Hawkaye
- Josh Brolin as Thanos, the mad Titan
- Mark Ruffalo as Dr. Bruce Banner aka Hulk
- Paul Rudd as Scot Lang aka Ant Man
- Don Cheadle as James Rhodes aka Rhodes
- Brie Larson as Carol Danvers aka Captain Marvel
- Karen Gillan as Nebula
- Danai Gurria as Okoye
- Benedict Wong as Wong
- Benedict Cumberbatch as Doctor Stefen Strange
- Bradley Cooper as Rocket
- Gwneyth Paltrow as Pepper Pots
- Chadwick Bosman as Black Panther
- Tom Holland as Peter Parker
- Zoe Salda as Gamora
- Tom Hiddelston as Loki
- Elizabeth Olsen as Wanda Maximoff aka Scarlett Witch
- Anthony Mackie as Sam Wilson aka Falcon
- Vin Diesel as Groot
- Sebastian Stan as Bucky Berns aka Winter Soldier
Reviews, Sayings and Awards
Avengers: Endgame gas left all the fans amazed as well as heart broken at the same time. Reactions have been overwhelming from all across the globe as the movies grossed for tremendous records with a superb IMDb rating of 8.2. The demise of Tony as Black Widow along with the retirement of Captain has been significant in making the fans very upset.
To quote a statement from the Russo brothers early in an interview, “We think that the characters are most compelling when they travel the greatest distance.”
Anthony Russo further added, ” It is really a complicated mix of emotions for all of us. This is among our favourite works we have ever done as film makers, so to get to the end of it , there’s a sadness to walk away. I think for Joe and I, this is the moment where we have lost control of the movie and we have turned it over to the audience.”
The movie had lots of nominations in different functions and it won many of them. Here is a brief list of the same.
- Critics Choice Movie award for best Visual effects
- People’s Choice Award for favourite Movie Actor – Robert Downey Junior
- Bandung Film Festival For Imported Film
- MTV Movie Award for best Hero – RDJ
- ADG Excellent Design in production Design Awards
- Kid’s choice award for favourite movie
- Teen Choice Award for Best Villain: Josh Brolin
- MTV Movie and TV Award for best movie
- Critic’s Choice Award for favourite action movie
- People’s choice award for Best Movie
The list is indeed big!
Now, a complete year has passed but still the fans are not able to get over this epic saga. No matter how time flies and how the moments are fading, Avengers : Endgame with the complete Marvel set up shall always remain evergreen in the hearts of millions.