One of the most thrilling, suspenses and fantasies filled series- Lucifer is back for Season 5. Netflix has announced that the series is back with its final season but rumours has it that the sixth season is also on the cards but it is only speculation. We have to wait till the official announcement is made. The fans of the series Lucifer is excited that a new season is coming its way and all the gobsmacking twists will finally come to an end. To know all about the series, latest updates, read on below!
All About the Series:-
Lucifer is an American series released by FOX Network on January 25, 2016. The genre of the series was Urban Fantasy and Mythical Tales. The creator of the series is Tom Kapinos and it was “loosely adapted” on DC Comics Character Lucifer from the comic book series The Sandman. As we all know, Lucifer is the Devil and God of Hell. As per the tales that we have read, Lucifer is in Heaven with God but he betrays him so God sends him away from where he created Hell and became the Devil. The series has a total of 4 seasons and 67 episodes as of now. The running time of an episode is roughly from 42 minutes to 56 minutes. The show was shot in Vancouver, British Columbia till 3rd season and they shot the remaining seasons entirely in Los Angeles, California.
Here is the trailer of the the series!
The series received mixed reviews after the first season but was widely talked about and appreciated soon. After the 3rd season, FOX Network chose to drop the series on May 11,2018 because despite its popularity among the people the ratings were low. The fans of the series trended the hashtags #SaveLucifer and #PickUpLucifer and soon it became 1 in worldwide trends. Soon, actually a month later, Netflix came to the rescue and picked up the series. The fans were elated to hear the news of the series returning. On May 8, 2018, 4th season was released in Netflix with 10 episodes and received high ratings and appreciation. One of the episode was titled as “Save Lucifer” to honour the fans and their effort. The IMDB ratings for each episode ranged over 9.0. After a month of the release of 4th season, on June 6, 2019 Netflix announced that Lucifer series will be back with its fifth and final season in 2020.
Plot of the Series:-
The gist of the series is that Lucifer, the Devil is bored in Hell and comes to Los Angeles and becomes the owner of a nightclub named Lux. The circumstances make him to be a compliant to the LAPD (Los Angeles Police Department). He finds it funny that a Devil is helping to solves crimes and assists the officers until he likes one of the detective and slowly falls in love with her.
There are a few main casts and some recurring casts as well. Starting with the Devil, of course
Tom Ellis as Lucifer Morningstar,
Lauren German as Detective Chloe Decker,
Kevin Alejandro as Detective Dan Espinoza,
DB Woodside as Amenadiel, Lesley-Ann Brandt as Mazikeen, Scarlett Estevez as Trixie Espinoza and also Rachael Harris as Dr Linda Martin and
Aimee Garcia as Ella Lopez.
About Season 5:-
Everyone is wondering about the latest series and as it is the final series, fans are even more excited to see in what path the show will go and how would the characters end up. It has been revealed that the 5th season will have 16 episodes in total and it would be released in half with a specified time frame. The shooting of the series was almost completed but due to the corona pandemic, the shooting has been halted. Fortunately, the first part of the season was shot earlier and can be released anytime. Fans are expecting that it would be released in June but only Netflix knows!
Ildy Modrovich and Joe Henderson, the executive producers of the show said “We are so incredibly thankful to Netflix for resurrecting our show last season, and now letting us finish the story of Lucifer on our terms. Most importantly, we want to thank the fans for their incredible passion and support. The best is yet to come!!”
The cast of the series shared tweets and pictures for the fans. See it down below:-
In August 2019, the series started to reveal the name of the episodes for the fans one by one. Here is the complete list of the episodes and the name of the directors.
- Episode 501 – “Really Sad Devil Guy” – Written by Jason Ning, Directed by Eagle Egilsson
- Episode 502 – “Lucifer! Lucifer! Lucifer!” – Written by Ildy Modrovich, Directed by Sherwin Shilati
- Episode 503 – “!Diablo!” – Written by Mike Coats, Directed by Claudia Yarny
- Episode 504 – “It Never Ends Well for the Chicken” – Aiyana White, Directed by Viet Nguyen
- Episode 505 – “Detective Amenadiel” – Joe Henderson, Directed by Sam Hill
- Episode 506 – “BluBallz” – Written by Jen Graham Imada, Directed by Richard Speight, Jr.
- Episode 507 – “Our Mojo” – Written by Julia Fontana, Directed by Nathan Hope
- Episode 508 – “Spoiler Alert” – Written by Chris Rafferty, Directed by Kevin Alejandro
- Episode 509 – “Family Dinner” – Written by Joe Henderson and directed by Nathan Hope
- Episode 510 – “Bloody Celestial Karaoke Jam” – Written by Ildy Modrovich and directed by Sherwin Shilati.
- Episode 511 -“Resting Devil Face” – Written by Mira Z. Barnum, Joshua Duckworth, and Richardo Lopez Jr.
- Episode 512 – “Daniel Espinoza: Naked and Afraid” – Written by Mike Costa, directed by Greg Beeman
- Episode 513 – “A Little Harmless Stalking” – Written by Julia Fontana & Jen Graham Imada and directed by Richard Speight, Jr.
- Episode 514 – “Nothing Lasts Forever” – Written by Chris Rafferty & directed by Lisa Demaine
- Episode 515 – “Is This Really How It’s Going to End?!” – Written by Jason Ning & directed by Ildy Modrovich
- Episode 516 – “A Chance At a Happy Ending” – Written by Joe Henderson & Ildy Modrovich & directed by Karen Gaviola.
Netflix has also did an impressive job of putting a recap video of Season 1-3 Of Lucifer for the fans. Check it out!
At the end of the Season 4, we can see that Lucifer returns to Hell but to know if he would come back and reunite with Chloe or just stay in Hell, we have to wait for the new season!